Tuesday, August 20, 2013

LITTLE CREATURES DINING HALL, MELBOURNE

Perfect for: A mid afternoon drink with some mates
Price range: $$ Not bad
My rating: 8.5/10
Food: 7/10 Service: 9/10 Ambience: 10/10

Little Creatures is an Australian beer brewing brand, started in Western Australia almost 15 years ago. Since then, it has opened up another brewery in Victoria and a couple of "drink and nibble" places in Fremantle and Melbourne. 

I love this not-so-little spot in Melbourne, as it's a converted warehouse in the centre of where all the action on Brunswick Street. The atmosphere is relaxed, the wait and bar staff are friendly and everyone is there to have a sip, a nibble and generally a chilled time.

I'm not much of a beer expert myself, so naturally I order a cider and a couple of share plates. The last time I was here was in 2009, and I distinctly remember the dahl and flatbread, so that was a must-order. The calamari salad was to test out my cholesterol levels.

Pan fried calamari, citrus fennel salad.

The calamari salad is delicious - not too heavy as the citrus and the salad help cut through the pan-fried calamari.

But if you're after something more substantial, I'd probably go for the dahl. Contrary to my memory in 2009, there was nothing overly special or memorable about it - it is just another dahl.

Spiced red lentil dahl, yoghurt, grilled flat bread.

Meal: Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner
Cuisine: Modern Australian / Bar
Address: 222 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne
Hours: Mon-Fri 10am-late, Sat-Sun 8am-late

No comments:

Post a Comment