Wednesday, January 16, 2013

CLIPPER CAFE, GLEBE

Perfect for: A catch up with a friend on a sunny Sunday before wandering around the Glebe markets
Price range: $$ Not bad
My rating: 7/10
Food: 7/10 Service: 8/10 Ambience: 8/10

Clipper Cafe is a cute little space on the bustling Glebe Point Road. If you're a sucker for retro bikes like me, this is the best place to be spotting them.

We went there on a busy Saturday where we had to wait ~20 minutes for a table. We were then seated at the large table, between others that had obviously also waited a while to get in for their Saturday morning brunch fix.


I tried the baked eggs with chorizo, while my friends all went for the more conventional bacon and eggs. I thought the baked eggs were not bad, but I also thought that the baked eggs I had at Fouratefive was a lot better.

What I really liked about Clipper Cafe was how nice both the interior was. It was decked out in quirky little pieces, there was even a bike hanging up inside! Outside the cafe, you would find funky wooden stools and tables just on the pavement, so if you were happy grabbing a coffee and a quick bite, then this would be your best bet.



Meal: Breakfast / Lunch
Cuisine: Modern Australian
Address: 16 Glebe Point Road, Glebe
Near: The Glebe markets 

Clipper Café on Urbanspoon


No comments:

Post a Comment